(I was searching “reflect” on Flickr and found this lovely gem of a refection – isn’t it gorgeous?)
Well, we are nearly at the end of #BlogJune, so I thought I might write a post reflecting on this month.
#BlogJune has been a success for me in that I have written every day – yes, some days it has been a struggle, but it’s been a really good discipline too.
I’ve enjoyed blogging about my CPD activities, some topics close to my heart, quotes for #QuoteSunday, and some memes and random posts.
I started my blog on May 8th, so these comparisons are not quite apples with apples, but it’s close enough.
Average hits per month
The hits on my blog this month have been very healthy – not quite 4 times May, but getting there!
Average views per day
Views by country
Most popular posts
I thought it might be interesting to see my top 3 posts:
- #RL2013 1: Community centred learning: The Chalkle experience 298 views
- Are libraries just about books? The danger of a single story 230 views
- Hamilton NDF barcamp: Crowdsourcing and more! 214 views
It was interesting to see the range of these three posts. I assumed the #RL2013 posts would all be up there, because they have been shared on the list servs, and a number of people were keen to read the summaries. The one that really surprised me was the one about books and the danger of a single story. That one was shared the most on Twitter by many people from different countries so it seemed to strike a chord with people. This was also a post that I struggled to find the inspiration to write, so it is very gratifying to see that many people read and appreciated it.
Posts by topic
Continued Professional Development – CPD
ANZ 23 mobile things
- Day 3 – Drowning in e-mail #anz23mthings
- Day 7 – Check it out (or is that in?): Foursquare #anz23mthings
Hamilton NDF barcamp
- Day 4 – Are libraries just about books? The danger of a single story
- Day 14:Crowdsourcing – more heads, more ideas #elibrarylife
Professional development thoughts on reading, writing, and side projects
- Day 5 – Trail of links: Professional reading on Twitter
- Day 11 – Writing: the secret weapon in a librarian’s arsenal
- Day 25 – Side projects: your biggest playground to build your skills
Reality Librarianship 2013
- Day 12 – #RL2013 1: Community Centred Learning – The Chalkle experience
- Day 19 – #RL2013 2: Law for Lunch
- Day 26 – #RL2013 3: Linking the public library and school
- Day 8 – The final chapter: Last assignment(s) of my degree!
- Day 13 – Graduation: Not the end but the beginning
- Day 10 – Yes or no? Making the hard work/life balance decisions
- Day 15 – Gifting myself freedom: Permission to take a break
- Day 1 – Bucket list: What I hope to get out of #BlogJune
- Day 24 – What to do next? Planning last week of #BlogJune
- Day 18 – Lying low
- Day 20 – Road Trip!
- Day 21 – Dreaming of a window seat
- Day 28 – Five things you don’t know about me
- Day 2 – True definition of intelligence #QuoteSunday
- Day 9 – Secret of writing #QuoteSunday
- Day 16 – Watch your thoughts! #QuoteSunday
- Day 23 – Successful people #QuoteSunday
I’ve really enjoyed #BlogJune; it’s been a great experience and really disciplined me to keep on writing. Now I’m looking forward to #CommentJuly and interacting with the posts other people have written during #BlogJune! Thank you to everyone for participating and reading my blog – it’s fantastic being able to interact with so many awesome librarians from all over the world. Keep it up!