The idea of #CommentJuly (still working on the best hash tag :D) is based on a discussion between @c_hocking and I and some blog posts from both of us. These blog posts – if you care to read them – are my post Blog Lurking: Why is it so hard to comment? and Catherine’s post – #BlogJune.
So the basic concept behind #CommentJuly (or #BlogCommentJuly) is to comment on other people’s blog posts. Simple right?
But I need some goals and perimeters to guide this #CommentJuly foray. So here are my ground rules:
- I will comment on someone else’s blog post that inspires me each week day in July.
I’m not including the weekends because blog traffic is really slow on the weekends, so it’d wouldn’t be fair to the people I post about on the weekend.
- 31 days in July, but only 23 week days = 23 posts.
- I’m away for a whole week in July (without access to WiFi) so will either have to pre-schedule 5 or 6 posts or drop the number of my posts from 23 to 17 or 18. Still working on this…
- I will comment on only ONE blog post from each person.
This is going to be hard, especially with #BlogJune, because some people have been churning out fabulous posts every day!
- In addition to commenting on this blog post, I will write a post about it on my blog.
This will include a link to their post and some commentary on what I appreciate about their blog. If possible, I will re-blog it on my blog but appreciate this might not work with all blogging platforms.
- Because 23 posts from 23 bloggers is not all that many (and there are heaps of fantastic bloggers out there), I might have to introduce a regular blogging feature and give a shout-out to a blogger once a week. Maybe #BloggerFriday???
I’ve already found 19-20 posts I’d like to comment on and feature which I am storing in a Google document for now. So what do you think? Are these feasible ideas or do you have other ideas for #CommentJuly?
I’d love to hear your thoughts!