I need your help!
It’s that time again for LIANZA’s Library Life; I need to come up with a special themed issue for August 13th with a copy deadline end of July.
Past themed issues include:
- Librarians as Library Users – July 2012
- Range of issues featuring SIGS from August-September 2012
- *Special* Issue – featuring 14 special libraries from around New Zealand – Nov 2012
- Students in the Stacks Issue – March 2013
But I’m out of ideas! Or to be more precise, I have a number of ideas, but am not sure which is the best one or the one that the most people would be interested in.
Here is my list of possible ideas:
- Social libraries – how NZ libraries are using social media to engage with their communities
- 2nd or 3rd careers – how librarians have moved into the profession from other jobs/industries
- The changing face of the library – how NZ libraries are using storytelling to challenge the stereotype (could relate to my blog post on “Are libraries just about books? : The danger of a single story“
So if you like any (or all of these ideas), just cast your vote here.
I’m opening the floor to suggestions for the next themed issue of Library Life. I’d love to hear what you would be interested in hearing/writing about because I need lots of contributions from librarians all over NZ!
So here’s what you can do:
- get your thinking cap on
- vote in the poll if there’s something that pushes your button
- leave a comment with your ideas.
Remember – more heads, more ideas – and more fun! I’m really looking forward to hearing what you come up with.